Heads of Departments :
College of Oral and Dental Surgery is a leading college in private education in Egypt at the local and regional level. It aims at developing the students’ skills according to the academic standards and graduates dentists who meet the job market needs. The college also encourages creativity in scientific research and supports community service.
The college achieves an excellent level for its graduates at the local, regional and international level. The college seeks a high level of education through contributing in research, scientific technologies, the science of dentistry, and community service.
- Graduating dentists who are skillful, capable of self-learning, can keep up with contemporary and future scientific developments, and be able to meet the needs of the community locally and regionally.
- Developing cooperation with the Egyptian and foreign universities, encouraging scientific exchange, and paving the road towards studying and working abroad.
- Making the college a center for training and postgraduate studies for its graduates as well external graduates .
- Providing special care to scientific research and technological progress linked to community service.
The language of study in the college is in English, according to the system of credit hours.
Duration of study: 10 semesters over five years.
Credit hours are: 210 including:
21 hours University Requirements
189 hours college requirements as follows:
23 hours Basic Sciences.
39 hours basic medical sciences.
24 hours basic dental sciences.
20 hours preclinical courses
77 hours clinical courses
6 hours elective courses.
The college offers the graduates a Bachelor degree in oral medicine and dental surgery.
Agreements and Cooperation
- MRD Residency Training Program For Membership of the Royal college of Surgeons Edinburgh.
- Fellowship of laser in dentistry.
- Interns training program.
A year of training after graduation is considered an essential requirement for the applying students as it allows them to receive the license for professional practice and register in the Syndicate of Dentistry. This requires the student to spend a full year after graduation at the university’s hospitals or the Ministry of Health.
Students are distributed among different departments and different sections, also there are lectures given by faculty members, and the applicants are required to hold seminars on various topics.
This program is verified and published on the university’s website.
The program is designed for students to attend different clinical procedures from different specialties. They must process clinical requirements and treatment of a certain number of patients under the supervision of faculty members and their assistants.
There are supervisors of faculty members and assistants from all departments who are assigned to supervise, guide and follow-up implementation of the program topics in order to resolve any problems that may impede the program.
Laser treatment center and applications of laser in dentistry.
Center for Continuous Education: Provides training programs and workshops for interns and recent graduates in all dental specialties and increases efficiency in the different topics in dentistry.
Misr University for Science and Technology Hospital (Souad kafafi hospital) is equipped with clinics for Dental treatment in all specialties and the department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery including operations of general anesthetic under the supervision of professors and specialists in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
The graduate program is based on the credit-hour system.
Student Support Systems
- It supports books to be delivered from the book administration at the university with free textbooks, references, and a tablet for each student enrolled in the first year directly after the registration process.
- Medical, health, and preventive care (vaccinations Hepatitis B Medical Clinic and University Hospital).
- Transportation: The total numbers of males, females, and geographic range of the population are calculated through the Office of Student Affairs Data at the University which facilitates the students’ transportation.
- Provision of housing units for expatriates in agreement with the university.
- The University unit of psychological guidance is responsible for linking the university community and providing services and psychological counseling for university students to raise their efficiency and improve their performance.