The objectives of the postgraduate studies bylaw at the Faculty of Medicine Misr University for Science and Technology
- Activating and developing the current accreditation system to suit the European system
(ECTS)European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System
by applying the credit hours system to measure what the student can accomplish during his study. This system is based on the required burden of the student to achieve the educational objectives, and the advantages of this system are:
- Reading and comparing different study programs.
- Facilitating the change of study programs for the students.
- Facilitating the mobility of students and academic recognition.
- Facilitating the review and application of study programs.
- Facilitating employment opportunities in countries that follow this system.
- Preparing the bylaw to conform with the hospitals’ bylaw and to consider the practical training period for the resident doctor part of the program to be counted as credit hours, and the departments arrange its own training program that is accredited by the Department of Postgraduate Studies.
- Enhancing the minute majors and developing distinctive study programs at the college.
The basic features of the Postgraduate Studies Program
The holder of a bachelor’s degree in medicine and surgery from Egyptian universities or an equivalent has the right to apply for a master’s degree in one of the medicine majors and the duration of the study is (36 credit hours) divided into three parts and includes:
1-The first part is a two-semester course and includes basic (general) clinical training in public departments and courses in basic sciences in addition to elective courses depending on the subject of specialization and in case the student fails to pass in a course, he will be re-examined only and not transferred to the second part until he success in the first part while continuing the specialized training.
2-The second part is a two-semester course that includes courses in the subject of specialization as well as specialized practical or clinical training and other study activities.
3-Thesis base the student has the right to apply to register the thesis project after passing the first part successfully. He is also entitled to discuss the thesis after 6 months from the date of registration of the thesis.